At The Roasterie, we are always on the lookout for passionate, driven, KC-loving people to join our team!
See below for our current job openings.
We’re looking for driven, responsible and personable baristas to staff our café locations. Experience is valuable, though we’re looking for personalities that fit well with our organization and are eager for the opportunity to grow in their career as The Roasterie itself continues to grow. Hard-working part-timers, full blown coffee pros & eager newcomers to the coffee industry—we’d love to hear from you and invite you to one of the most exciting and quickly growing companies in Kansas City!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for receiving, greeting and taking guest orders at the counter
- This position is responsible for using and following bar SOP checklists
- Required to honor customers by providing quick, friendly, and personal service aligned with the bean spirit of The Roasterie
- This position initiates dialogue and develops rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items
- Responsible for examining checks and returning proper change
- Responsible for keeping record of spoilage and wastage
- Attends briefings and training staff meetings, participates in employee training programs and attends weekly meetings
- This position is responsible for maintaining a clean environment at all times: bar, floors, stock rooms, toilets, etc. General cleaning of the Café
- Coordinates with Lead Barista and the Asst. Manager during service
- Displays a quest for knowledge encompassing the entire coffee culture of The Roasterie, engaging in everything it takes to deliver the finest, most flavorful cup of coffee possible – including a developed coffee palate
- Works as an effective company employee, liaising with others and contributing to our overall customer and employee experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, or a GED or 3 years in the field or in a related area, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience preferred
- Demonstrate a motivational tone and establish a high degree of people-focused optimism
- Have the ability to be attentive and responsive to the emotional needs of others as well as maintaining the objective needs of the situation
- Must enjoy working in a people oriented and socially interactive environment
- Each Roasterie employee is expected to take ownership of everything they do throughout their day and understand the level of teamwork required to ensure that the Roasterie consistently creates that extraordinary coffee experience
- Should possess the ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers under the values established by The Roasterie:
- Accountability – We willingly answer for the results of our behavior
- Commitment – We maintain superior standards of quality and performance
- Excellence – We put forth our best efforts
- The Golden Rule – We treat others the way we want to be treated
- Passion – We demonstrate love and enthusiasm for the work we do
- Positive Attitude – We are optimistic and constructive in our approach to life
- Teamwork – We work together in our development, problem solving, and achievements to accomplish our shared vision
- Exhibit to our team commitment of providing all we encounter with extraordinary coffee experiences.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Click here to apply.
FACTORY TOUR GUIDE
The Roasterie has an open door policy when it comes to our Factory! Seven days a week, multiple times a day, we take our guests on a behind the scenes Factory experience. A Factory tour guide will take visitors from near and far on a coffee journey and be responsible for educating them not only on The Roasterie’s mission and brand, but the seed to cup process and coffee production.
What we are looking for in a TOUR GUIDE:
- You love and have a passion for coffee and The Roasterie
- You can captivate an audience, while educating them on coffee and products
- You love people and interacting with them
- Energetic with a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn more about coffee, products and educate others
- Must possess confidence, a professional and enthusiastic attitude and great communication skills
- Must be reliable and trustworthy, always prepared and on time
- Stay educated on The Roasterie brand and general coffee knowledge
- Engage tour groups on a behind the scenes coffee tour
- Brew coffee using a variety of brew methods to serve to tour guests
- Answer customer questions and promote products
- Maintain retail displays and encourage guests to make post-tour purchases
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.