I scream, you scream, we all scream for…coffee flavored ice cream!
We’re not sure about you, but we’ve never met anyone who doesn’t enjoy this cold, creamy treat. But we have met people who have cut ice cream out of their diets because it’s not necessarily healthy. In our opinion, everyone deserves a little ice cream treat every once in a while…which is why we have concocted the perfect recipe for healthy homemade coffee flavored ice cream.
This isn’t our first foray into the land of coffee ice cream. But it is a different take than before. The best part is you get to make it yourself! This super simple recipe can be eaten on almost any diet, even on the strict Paleo diet. This recipe is gluten-free and lactose-free, but still full of Roasterie goodness!
If you have an ice cream maker, you’re a third of the way there. If you don’t have an ice cream maker and aren’t ready to invest in one yet, don’t worry; you do have other options.
- 2 cans of coconut milk (unsweetened, regular)
- 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup (1/2 cup if you like it sweeter)
- 9 tablespoons of Roasterie Super Tuscan Blend (auto-drip, ground)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Dizzy Three or plain vodka
- Blend together all the ingredients except your coffee grounds.
- Pour mixture into a separate pitcher and add in your Super Tuscan Blend grounds.
- Stir together, cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 days to extract all the coffee goodness.
- Remove your mixture from the fridge and pour it through a strainer to remove coffee grounds.
- Once strained, pour you mixture into your ice cream maker for 25 minutes or until thickened.
- When time is up, you’re ready to eat your homemade coffee ice cream, or if you like it firmer, place into an air tight container and freeze it for an hour or two before serving.
Make it, try it, love it, and then share it (okay, maybe you don’t have to do that last one). We can’t wait to hear what you think of this coffee ice cream recipe. Don’t be afraid to experiment with it too; try your next homemade coffee ice cream with different Roasterie blends and let us know how it turns out!
Do you have any Roasterie recipes you’re keeping secret? We want hear about them! Tell us on our Facebook page!