Need a little recipe inspiration? We’re excited to share with you an easy recipe using our Roasterie VooDoo Blend, one of the signature blends in our Dark Line Coffees. The Roasterie VooDoo Blend is an elegantly simple dark roasted coffee that manages to retain a bold, smoky flavor. A fine nutty, even malty flavor finishes each sip. This distinctive dark roast is perfect for anyone who likes the boldness of a dark roast and of course, you can enjoy cooking with it also!
- 2 boneless strip steaks
- 1 cup Chianti wine
- 1/4 cup finely ground Roasterie VooDoo coffee
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2-3 sprigs each fresh rosemary and marjoram
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy duty food storage bag, add wine, coffee, garlic, coarse ground black pepper, sea salt, rosemary and fresh marjoram.
- Add steaks and marinate 2-3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- To cool: Remove steaks from storage bag, place directly on hot grill. Discard bag and marinade.
- Cook 4-6 minutes on each side until desired temperature is reached. Remove from fire and place on platter. Serve with VooDoo sauce (see below).
VooDoo Steak Sauce
- 1/4 cup. strong brewed Roasterie VooDoo coffee
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 TBS. dijon mustard
- 1 TBS. grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups catsup or chili sauce
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a sauté pan and bring to a boil for 2 -3 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Pour the mixture into a blender until it is smooth and then pour it into a bottle and cap tightly.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Have you made the mouthwatering VooDoo Steak recipe before? If so, tweet your photo to us @TheRoasterie. We would love to see your delicious Roasterie-inspired meal and share it with the world!